How do you get a green card sponsorship?

sponsorship for green card

Have you ever wanted to live and work in the United States? A green card is access to permanent residence in the US, and through the green card, you can easily work in the United States without any limitation and restrictions. You can also sponsor your relatives from a different nation to become a green cardholder. The green card makes traveling to the United States easier because this card provides permanent and lawful residence the United States offers different ways to become a green card holder but immigration and green card process are sometimes very long and often difficult. There are 3 main ways to get easy sponsorship to a green card (permanent residence).


Green card through the family-members:

Family members and spouses who lived in the US can sponsor you. This sponsorship provides a chance to live in the US with your close relatives, parents, and children. By getting this sponsorship you legally get driving licenses, move to any state, and establish your business as well without any restriction. 

To getting family-based green-card you must be eligible some categories below:

  • You must have US citizen Spouse 
  • Unmarried child of US citizen
  • Parent/ Brother or sister of US citizen

To getting sponsorship in the United States your age must be over 21.Family preference including:

First preference: Unmarried child of Permanent US citizens 

Second Preference: spouses of permanent US citizens 

Third preference: married son and daughter of US citizens

Fourth Preference: Brother and sisters of Permanent US citizens


Green card through employment/ Employment-based 

To apply for an employment-based green card you must have skills or expertise in arts, science or education, etc. lecturers, professors, and researchers are also eligible for these criteria. Immigrant workers can also apply for an employment-based green card with experience and 2-year work training. Professionals with a bachelor’s degree in any profession can also eligible to apply for an employment-based green card. This category including:

  • Multinational managers
  • Skilled workers
  • Researchers or degree professionals

Employment-based preference including:

Priority workers (First preference): Employs with extraordinary skills also professors and researchers.

Degree holders (Second preference): employees with professional degrees.

Skilled workers (Third preference): professional and other field related workers.

Green card through crime victim/ victim of abuse

Abused spouse, child, or brother/sister of a permanent resident of the US can apply for green card sponsorship. A lawful permanent resident can get a green card of an abused spouse, parent, and child through the HRIFA (Haitian Refugee Immigrant Fairness Act).

Green card through diversity immigrant’s visa program

In this category, people are selected in the department of state diversity visa lottery. A lottery is one of the most famous ways to become a permanent resident in the United States. More than 50,000 people get green card sponsorship through the DV lottery (Diversity visa lottery). This lottery targets most of the nations with the lowest immigration rates to the United means to apply in a lottery you must have from a nation with a low immigration rate. This lottery probably opens for 5 weeks in one year. 

Joint sponsors

A joint sponsor is actually a financial supporter who financially support the applicants for the green card. In this process legal commitments are involved. Joint sponsorship needed when you don’t have a budget or amount to fulfill the requirements for the green card. There are some obligations of a joint sponsor:

  • Financial support 
  • Avoid public charges
  • Update your address

A joint sponsor is not responsible for:

  • Debts (credit cards, rents, etc.)
  • Law enforcement 

You can get joint sponsorship from a person who is a permanent resident or green cardholder. The joint sponsor must be at least 18 years old. He must be lived in the United States but not in his/her spouse territory.